Greedy Associates Boards   |  Threaded Discussion Forums   |  Newsletter
Greedy Clerks Board
Clerkships 101 -- getting them, keeping them, and cashing in on them
 

Home | Messages | Photos | Links | Contacts | Contact Administrators | FAQ | Newsletter |

Message 41184 of 41192 <- Previous | Next -> | View All | Reply | Post

Accepting an Offer While Waiting to Hear from Another Firm 2YrTermer July 20, 2009 11:04 am
Here's a scenario on which I'd love to get people's feedback. I have an offer from Firm 1, and although no concrete acceptance date has been set, I imagine the offer will likely be revoked shortly if I do not accept soon. I recently interviewed with Firm 2, a firm I would rather join. However, Firm 2 won't be able to get back to me by the time in which I imagine Firm 1 wants my answer.

So, should I A) Accept with Firm 1, and if Firm 2 gives me the green light, "unaccept" and go to Firm 2 (risking a hit to my reputation); B) Call Firm 1 and ask for more time, perhaps 2 weeks or so (risking that Firm 1 will revoke the offer upon or shortly after my asking for more time); or C) Do nothing and wait to hear from Firm 2 before contacting Firm 1 (risking the same as Option B; I expect to hear back from Firm 2 somewhere between the next 2-3 weeks).

I'm specifically curious as to what the standard view is of Option A. Thanks.


  Replies (view all)
message 41188 by TX_IP_Litigator
message 41186 by Clerkin' 4 a Living
message 41185 by lowlylawclerk

Message 41184 of 41192 <- Previous | Next -> | View All | Reply | Post

Search:
   Go to: Oldest | Most Recent or msg #



Find Legal Jobs:

Message Board Terms of Use and Disclaimer
FindLaw
800 West California Avenue, 2nd Floor, Sunnyvale, CA 94086
Tel: (888) 257-9500;    Fax: (408) 524-4798;    Contact Us
Privacy policy  Site Contents © 1999-2006  Terms of service